When we’re looking for the perfect supplements, we often focus on the ingredients and what they’ll do for our bodies. But how often do we look at whether the ingredients can actually be absorbed? And the effect this can have?
Bioavailability is how well your body can absorb and use a substance. When it comes to supplements, not a lot is said about it, despite it being a super important factor in their effectiveness. And unless you know what to look for, you could be wasting a lot of money buying supplements that don’t actually work.
Here we look at what bioavailability is, how it works and where you can find it.
What is Bioavailability?
Bioavailability allows your body to absorb nutrients, vitamins and energy. Enhanced bioavailability within a supplement means higher bodily absorption per dose. The better it is, the stronger the effect.
If your body can’t absorb the ingredients, or it’s not absorbing enough for them to be effective, the supplement is essentially useless.
Changes to a supplement’s design and manufacturing can alter its bioavailability.
How Does Bioavailability Work?
When you eat, food is taken to your digestive system and nutrients are then absorbed into your bloodstream. Certain bodily functions or disorders, such as stomach acid or inflammation in the gut, can destroy nutrients before they get into the bloodstream or affect how much your body can absorb.
Bioavailability is a measure of how much a substance is able to access the circulation and reach the areas of the body that it needs to be effective. So, administering a substance straight into the bloodstream, via a drip for example, ensures complete bioavailability.
Macronutrients such as carbs and fats are highly bioavailable. But micronutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, can be harder to absorb. This is why many supplements offer micronutrients in their ingredients. Supplements with high bioavailability increase the chances of the nutrients reaching the bloodstream and then being absorbed, allowing you to get the full benefit and reach optimum health.
How To Work Out the Bioavailability of Supplements
Many factors affect the bioavailability of supplements. These include:
- Formula – the nutrients inside the supplement
- Delivery – capsules can be more effective than tablets
- Method – supplements taken with a meal can help the body absorb fat soluble nutrients better
- Competing ingredients – adsorption of some nutrients is ineffective when taken with other substances. For example, calcium supplements make iron absorption more difficult
- Gut health – vitamins and minerals can be absorbed into the bloodstream through the intestines. Overproduction of gastric acid or gut inflammation can harm the absorption of certain vitamins.
With this in mind, there are some things you can ask yourself when shopping for supplements to assess bioavailability:
- Does the supplement use the purest form of the ingredients?
- Do the ingredients complement each other?
- Is the supplement in capsule form?
- How do I take the supplement?
- What benefits can it have?
- Do I take other supplements that might make this one ineffective?
- Does the supplement provider mention its bioavailability or absorption?
Supplements with higher bioavailability will have greater effectiveness, as they help the body absorb more of the nutrients, without having to take a higher dose.
Hyper-U: The Supplement With Enhanced Bioavailability
If you’re now interested in supplements with high bioavailability, let us introduce you to Hyper-U – a premium biotech supplement designed to enhance physical and mental productivity while reducing anxiety and stress, all-in-one.
Hyper-U’s ingredients have the highest bioavailability on the market so you can experience this extraordinary response and feel every part of its benefits.
Hyper-U contains RodioX2©, a potent form of rhodiola. Rhodiola is a highly sought-after natural ingredient that boosts energy, increases mental performance and reduces stress.
During the formulation of Hyper-U, the rhodiola goes through a solvent-free process to improve its chemical and physical characteristics, increasing the access to circulation, and therefore enhancing the performance of the ingredient.
This process makes the RodioX2© complex 10x more effective than traditional supplements.
Experience the benefits of bioavailability for yourself, including increased mental and physical performance: