All processing operations of your personal data are performed in compliance with the applicable laws on the protection of personal data, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
Remember that you will be able to use our services which are accessible at our Site ("Services") only after having read and accepted the “Terms and Conditions of the Service” available at https://u-earth.store/policies/terms-of-service ("General Conditions").
WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The controller of the processing of your personal data is U-Earth Biotech Ltd (“U-Earth”), VAT number 10920970968 and fiscal code 95209340108, with registered office in Milan, C Via Scarpa 9 (20145). The use on the Site and in this Policy of expressions such as “we” or “our” shall be meant to refer to U-Earth.
You may contact U-Earth and make any questions or comments relating to this Policy, by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHICH CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We process the following categories of data for the purposes set out in the next section:
1) Navigation data
During their normal operation, the computer systems and software procedures responsible for the functioning of the Site collect certain personal data. This information is not collected in order to identify you but, through processing and association operations with data held (also) by third parties, may allow your identification. This data category includes:
- the IP addresses of computers and devices used to gain access to the Site and to use the Services. The data relating to the IP addresses, as gathered during the normal use of the Site, also allow us to approximately establish your location;
- information relating to the device used to visit or access the Site (such as, for example, model, operating system and browser used, etc.);
- information relating to the sections and pages of the Site visited (such as, by way of example, the URI/URL addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit it to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the http response code, etc.).
2) Data regarding the use of the Site
We collect data related to your use of the Site, such as information regarding the products you selected and/or purchased, your search history, and details of your interactions with the Site.
3) Data provided voluntarily by the user
We may collect the following information provided directly by you:
- name, surname, e-mail address;
- shipping address, telephone number, and billing information;
- details of your credit card and/or other payment methods allowed on the Site, it is understood that the data of your credit card made available from time to time will not be stored and retained, even temporarily, in our systems, except in the case of verification for fraud prevention purposes;
- identification codes, such as username and password;
- information provided as part of an assistance request (reason for contact or complaint, etc.);
- information provided when participating in surveys and market research.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES AND ON WHAT BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data in accordance with the following legal bases:
A) To provide you with the requested Services and, therefore, for purposes strictly connected and instrumental to the establishment and management of customer relations (art. 6, paragraph 1 letter b GDPR).
The processing of your personal data is mainly necessary to perform the contract that we have entered into with you and, therefore, to enable us to provide you with the Services requested. In particular, we process your personal data to:
- allow you to browse and use the Site;
- verify your identity;
- manage your registration and account;
- allow you to use the Services you may request from time to time, in accordance with the General Conditions;
- process and manage your transactions and purchases of products on the Site (including managing the delivery and sending of all related communications - such as, for example, the order confirmation);
- provide you with assistance and/or follow up on your complaints through our customer service (through remote communication tools such as email, chat, etc.).
The processing of data for the purposes set out in this section does not require your consent as they are necessary to enable us to provide you with the Services and, therefore, if you do not provide us with your personal data for such purposes, we will not be able to provide you with any Service.
The data processed for this purpose belong to the following categories: navigation data and data provided voluntarily by the user.
B) To fulfill the legal obligations to which U-Earth is subject and, therefore, for purposes arising from legal obligations, regulations, European Union legislation, and provisions issued by authorities empowered by law or by supervisory and control bodies (art. 6, paragraph 1 letter c GDPR)
We also process your personal data:
- to enable us to act in accordance with applicable legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- to prevent fraud and to enforce and defend the rights of U-Earth;
- manage and respond to requests from relevant authorities (administrative, tax, and judicial).
The categories of data processed for this purpose are: navigation data, data related to the use of the Site and data voluntarily provided by the user.
C) To pursue the legitimate interests of U-Earth (art. 6, paragraph 1 letter f GDPR)
We also process your personal data:
- send you and/or show you updates on the Services and/or marketing communications (including discounts and special offers) and/or surveys exclusively related to the contents, products and/or Services available on the Site, in any case similar to those covered by the agreement, concluded between you and U-Earth, in compliance with the provisions of Section 130, paragraph 4 of the Italian Privacy Code;
- for purposes of improving the products and/or Services, internal management control, fraud prevention, and enforcing and defending U-Earth's rights;
- to carry out a transfer of assets, of a company or of a business branch as well as a potential merger or corporate and/or financial operations, in this case communicating and transferring data to a third party or parties involved in the operation.
Such processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest does not require your specific consent. However, you may object to such processing at any time by clicking on the link: https://u-earth.store/pages/gdpr-compliance or clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided in each direct marketing communication via email, without any consequences concerning the contractual relationship with U-Earth.
The categories of data processed for this purpose are: browsing data, data relating to the use of the Site and data provided voluntarily by the user.
D) Subject to your express and specific consent (art. 6, paragraph 1 letter a GDPR), we may process your personal data to:
- send you and/or show you updates on products and/or Services and marketing communications (including special discounts and offers) of products and/or Services available on the Site, also on the basis of your interests, interactions and consumption habits on the Site.
These treatments require your prior consent. You may revoke any consent that you may have expressed in any moment by accessing the link https://u-earth.store/pages/gdpr-compliance or clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided in each direct marketing communication via email, without any consequences concerning the contractual relationship with U-Earth.
The categories of data processed for this purpose are: navigation data, data relating to the use of the Site and data provided voluntarily by the user.
TO WHOM MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA?
Your data may be disclosed to the following categories:
- parent companies and/or associated companies of and/or controlled by U-Earth;
- suppliers, agents, subcontractors, business partners and all parties related to our sales or service network, or those providing us with various services whose performance requires the processing of personal data. In particular, we use third-party vendors to send you the products you have purchased, to manage the payment methods available on our Site, to optimize our Services, for management and maintenance of the Site, to provide IT and software solutions (such as, for example, the company Shopify Inc., licensor of the e-commerce platform referred to in the Site u-earth.store);
- banks and credit institutions in the event of fraud and/or disputes and payment-related issues;
- consultants or firms that assist U-Earth in relation to legal, administrative and/or fiscal matters, including those of a contentious nature as well as debt recovery companies;
- potential purchasers of U-Earth and entities resulting from the merger or any other form of transformation regarding U-Earth;
- public safety authorities and judicial authorities, individuals, corporations or other authorities to whom it is mandatory to communicate your data by law or by orders of the same authorities.
TO WHOM DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
Your personal data may be transferred freely within the territory of the European Economic Area (EEA).
If, for the purposes set forth in this Policy, it becomes necessary to transfer your data outside the EEA and to countries or territories that are not the subject of an adequacy decision by the European Commission pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR, U-Earth will (i) carry out such transfer on the basis of the conditions set out in Articles 46 or 47 GDPR (appropriate safeguards or binding corporate rules) and/or the exemptions set out in Article 49 GDPR, and (ii) take the technical-organizational and/or contractual measures necessary from time to time to ensure a level of protection of your personal data comparable to that guaranteed by the applicable legislation in the EEA.
In this respect, we inform you that the e-commerce platform referred to in the Site www.u-earth.store is licensed to U-Earth by the Canadian company Shopify Inc. Transfers of personal data made by Shopify Inc. are described in the following document: https://help.shopify.com/pdf/cross-border-whitepaper.pdf.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
Your data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, without prejudice in any case to the exercise of your rights under the next section.
U-Earth may retain certain data even after the termination of the relationship with you relating to the provision of the Services, for the time required to manage specific contractual or legal obligations as well as for administrative, fiscal and/or contributory purposes, for the period of time required by laws and regulations in force, as well as for the time required to enforce any rights in court.
Notwithstanding the above, data processed for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent or the legitimate interest will be retained for a period of 24 months starting (i) from the date on which the consent is given or renewed when purchasing a product through the Site, or (ii) from the date of the Last Contact, meaning, by way of example, the access to the Site and/or the interaction with a marketing communication sent by U-Earth.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right to exercise, at any time, the rights granted by Articles 15-21 GDPR, as briefly summarized below:
- Right of access: you can request information about the processing we perform on your data or ask for confirmation that U-Earth is processing your personal data. In this case, you can ask us to provide you with a copy of your data and verify what data are in our possession.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of your personal data if they are incorrect, including the right to request the integration of incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of the data (or of part of it) you have provided us, including data that does not need to be stored in relation to the purposes for which the data was collected or otherwise processed.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to request us to limit the processing of your personal data if the conditions set out by the law are fulfilled.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your data, subject to the existence of an overriding legitimate reason to continue such processing.
- Right to data portability: you will be able to receive from U-Earth, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have provided us, in order to transmit them to another party. This right may be exercised in the hypothesis in which U-Earth’s processing of such data is carried out by automated means, on the basis of your consent or for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Withdrawal of consent: if the data processing was based on your consent, you may revoke it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial recourse, you have the right to file a complaint to the Data Protection Authority in case you consider that the data processing carried out by U-Earth breaches the current data protection legislation.
You can exercise your rights at any time and free of charge by clicking the following link: https://u-earth.store/pages/gdpr-compliance.
Pursuant to article 2-terdecies of the Privacy Code, the rights listed above may be exercised, in the event of your death, by those who have an ownership interest, or are acting on your behalf (as your representative, or for family reasons worthy of protection). You can prohibit the exercise of all or some of these rights by the beneficiaries by sending us a written statement.
Types of cookies
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
The below cookies were identified through https://usercentrics.com/.
Strictly Necessary Cookies - First-party cookies
First-party cookies are directly set up via the website that the user is currently visiting. These cookies allow the website operator to recognize the user and their preferences. Web browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
Below is a list of the cookies used by the Site:
Third-party cookies are set by websites other than the website the user is currently visiting. These cookies are often the source of a data breach as they store information that helps other services in providing the targeted advertisement.
Below is a list of the cookies used by the Site:
Third-party requests are files that are loaded from a website other than the website the user is currently visiting. They usually are from vendors whose technology is implemented on the website or who use the website for advertising and tracking purposes.
Below is a list of the third-party requests used by the Site:
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE COOKIES?
You can remove existing cookies and block the installation of new cookies through your browser settings. With particular reference to third-party cookies, please note that, if you have already given consent, you must delete them through the browser or by requesting the opt-out directly to the third parties or through the site: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Such changes will be promptly published on the Site and we will inform you about them with all our communication tools. The changes will be binding as soon as they are published. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept the changes to this Policy, you may exercise any of the rights mentioned above.
Please check this page periodically. Version updated as of 26 January 2023.